Here goes the story. It was Tuesday when we decided for a eat all you can feast at Yuen steamboat. But to our disappointment, it was CLOSED on that beautiful Tuesday. 😦 Since we are there, we thought why not try those opposite Yuen and so we chose
Hmm… Live prawn and crab and yeahh~~ we do get that. One crab per person and unlimited supply of prawns.
Then, here goes the variety of raw ingredients for the hot pot.
The seafood selection
Variety of balls
Different types of mee
Fried corner?? Does not look tempting at all
Now, let me tell you why I called it the worst steamboat I ever had in history:
1. Both soup base were tasteless. The clear soup only have the taste of corn because I added it or else it will be like drinking water. Tom yam base was obviously using chicken cube.
2. Despite having variety of ingredients which looks good, all are NOT fresh. Looks can be deceiving!!!
3. Being a halal steamboat restaurant, we can tolerate no pork but how come chicken meat also don’t have?? The only choice is the marinated black pepper chicken for BBQ which is the one and only one that of mediocre that night. Others are totally xxxxx….
4. Because the prawns are fresh, we have to really make sure it is well cooked/ over cooked to avoid blood oozing out.
5. Basically, we are eating “lok-lok” rather than steamboat. Thanks to the sauce, it add some flavor to the foods.
And lastly, here’s the dessert corner. Didn’t bother to try. Paid the bill and left with huge disappointment.
After all the damage done, we are caught in traffic jam while heading back. What a day……
Total bill was RM47.60. I could have spend that for a better meal. Sighhh~~~
Quote of the day :- “If this is the first time he/she tried steamboat, it will be the first and last time he/she eating that”