This week I share with you all my very 1st home cook dish that I learn from my mum. My favorite and signature dish, sweet and sour chicken. You can substitute it with pork meat but it’s kinda hard to get pork here, so I use chicken. 😀
- Skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 1 egg
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 big onion
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- Corn flour
- Pepper and salt to marinate the chicken
There are a lot more variety available in the recipe corner for the sauce such as adding bell pepper/capsicum, pineapple or lime but my taste bud say no to those… LOL!! So, I chose the simple version.
To prepare the chicken
1. Cut the chicken meat into cubes. Marinate it with pepper and salt before cooking.
2. Beat the egg in a bowl and pour it over to the marinated chicken.
3. Dip the cubes with egg and then coat it with corn flour. You are now ready to fry the cubes.
4. Heat the oil in a wok and deep fry the chicken until golden brown.
5. Take the chicken out and put it on top of a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
To prepare the sauce
1. Slice the onion and cut the cucumber and tomato into small cubes.
2. Mix the tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar and water in a bowl according to your preferences. I like to have more sauce so I add in all the 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
3. In a wok, heat 2 tablespoon of oil. Add the big onion and fry until you smell the aroma. Pour in the mixture and also the tomato and stir it until the tomato turn soft.
4. Then throw in the cucumber and also the fried chicken cubes.
5. Do a quick stir until it mix well. Dish out and it is ready to be serve.