It’s dessert time…. 🙂
The simplest yet delicious red bean soup which is high in protein and also rich in the best sort of fiber.
Ingredients: (based on servings for 2)
- 1/2 cup of red beans
- 1/4 cup of sago
- 6 – 8 cups of water
- 6 – 8 tablespoons of sugar
- Pandan leave (optional)
To prepare the red bean soup.
1. Soak the red beans in water overnight to soften.
2. Drain and pour the red bean into a pot of water and let it boil.
3. Turn the heat down, put in the pandan leave and let it continue to simmer for another 1 hour. Stir occasionally and add water if necessary.
4. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Taste and add according to the level of sweetness you prefer.
5. The dessert is ready to be serve when the bean is soft and breaking up.
To prepare the sago.
1. Soak the sago in water for 30 minutes.
2. Cook it in a pot of boiling water. Take it out as soon as it become transparent.
3. Drain it with cold water. (soak in cold water if not serve immediately)
Finally, add the sago into the red bean soup. Serve it hot or cold…. 😀